2004 Tahoe Front Door Panel Removel - HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04whitetahoe

TYF PLUS!(tm)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey There,

I just started my door speaker project and though I knew what I was doing. It's obvious now that I don't. I went to remove my passengers front door panel using the guide found at:

http://www.bodyshopzone.com/archives/trim/door_panels/Chevy/Suburban_2002/dp_remove_brbn.html

Mine is not like the example - I thought it would be close enough, but it's not. I pried out my window button and broke it. It's not supposed to pry out, it's screwed from the inside.

IMGP0569.jpg

IMGP0570.jpg

IMGP0571.jpg

I'm now this far along getting the door panel off and although I have taken out the two screws I found, It doesn't want to come off:

IMGP0572.jpg

I have tried prying from the bottom, but still can't get the darn thing off. I don't want to break anything else, so if any of you have dealt with this tyoe of door panel, some guidance will be much appreciated!!

Joe

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

HEY I JUST FOUND MY PROBLEM IT WAS THE SCREW BEHIND THE LOCK MECHANISM. I found it by searching and reading another thread that mentioned the screw.

FALSE ALARM!!!

TacHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you do about the broken master window control module? replace?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I have done that before.... once you learn it though, you don't make that mistake again. The 03+ panels are a little different and the previous.

TacHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I have done that before.... once you learn it though, you don't make that mistake again. The 03+ panels are a little different and the previous.
TY again YukonXL04, As you can see I am working a few different "small" issues lol. This damn switch along with the heated seat switch, I cant get to stay put. I completely ripped the the master window control module out (ripped the screw at the front) and the clip at the rear of the housing. For the heated seat switch its just the clip that I am missing. Any help on replacing that clip?

For the window control module I think I may have to replace the entire door card, amirite?

IMG_6630.JPG

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have the broken piece from the clip for the window switch I would try to jb weld it back into place. As for the heated switch not sure which part is broken.

For both, you could try putting them in place, then hot glue around the seams to hold it in. You don't have to remove those to remove the panel, just un plug them

I did that on my aunts suburban and it has held just fine over the past couple of years

TacHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the broken piece from the clip for the window switch I would try to jb weld it back into place. As for the heated switch not sure which part is broken.

For both, you could try putting them in place, then hot glue around the seams to hold it in. You don't have to remove those to remove the panel, just un plug them

I did that on my aunts suburban and it has held just fine over the past couple of years

I considered JB welding the broken screw point back in (#2). I dont have the broken piece for #3 in the pic
For the heated seat clip (#1) its just missing, nothing is broken there, but I cant find that part for the life of me.door switch issue.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Learning the hard way, I hate that way lol. I've learned that unless there's a screw under the door/window buttons to never remove them till I get the entire door panel loose and then buttons unplugged.
Not with GM but any vehicle. I learned on my first truck, 89 Dakota.

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the master switch you can use bailing wire to secure it around one of the 9/32 bolts on the back of the door card that hold the arm rest on. If you want to replace that plastic, it only comes as part of the arm rest. If not discontinued, you can buy that seperatly at about 125.00

TacHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Learning the hard way, I hate that way lol. I've learned that unless there's a screw under the door/window buttons to never remove them till I get the entire door panel loose and then buttons unplugged.
Not with GM but any vehicle. I learned on my first truck, 89 Dakota.

Yea I definitely learned the hard way, its usually my way of learning unfortunately :rockit:

for the master switch you can use bailing wire to secure it around one of the 9/32 bolts on the back of the door card that hold the arm rest on. If you want to replace that plastic, it only comes as part of the arm rest. If not discontinued, you can buy that seperatly at about 125.00

Awesome thanks for the tip, they are ALWAYS appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10