2004 Tahoe cluster backlighting a/c backlighting not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2004 chevy Tahoe. The normal lights on my dash are working such as blinker, check engine, info center, prnd321. The backlight for Speedo and the ac control are not working. I have checked the fuses they are all fine. I have even replaced the dimmer switch twice just to make sure I didn’t get a faulty one. This has been a headache and a half. If anyone can help me figure this out I would greatly appreciate it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
2004 chevy Tahoe. The normal lights on my dash are working such as blinker, check engine, info center, prnd321. The backlight for Speedo and the ac control are not working. I have checked the fuses they are all fine. I have even replaced the dimmer switch twice just to make sure I didn’t get a faulty one. This has been a headache and a half. If anyone can help me figure this out I would greatly appreciate it.
Probably just the bulbs are burned out. Replacements need to be soldered in.

mikemc422

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I’m having the same issue on my 02 tahoe, are your radio lights out as well? I have no dash radio or ac control lights at all, I’ve also replaced the dimmer switch, and I’ve replaced all the fuses and light bulbs on the dash and checked all the wiring, everything tests good but nothing works. I just bought the truck a few weeks ago, previous owner claimed to never have issues, I had no issues until two days after buying the truck when everything went black. Everything is stock and I’ve checked all the grounds I could find but I can’t find a problem anywhere.

OP
OP
Donnie88

Donnie88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I’m having the same issue on my 02 tahoe, are your radio lights out as well? I have no dash radio or ac control lights at all, I’ve also replaced the dimmer switch, and I’ve replaced all the fuses and light bulbs on the dash and checked all the wiring, everything tests good but nothing works. I just bought the truck a few weeks ago, previous owner claimed to never have issues, I had no issues until two days after buying the truck when everything went black. Everything is stock and I’ve checked all the grounds I could find but I can’t find a problem anywhere.

OP
OP
Donnie88

Donnie88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I have the same Issue. My radio lights were out Basically all lights on my dash and I put and aftermarket double din radio in it.and I purchased two dimmer switches not the issue At all. I put a used cluster in it that worked and the lights still didn’t work.

OP
OP
Donnie88

Donnie88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took it all apart the bulbs aren’t blown ac wasn’t blown, the over head ac control lights weren’t blown the cluster lights aren’t blown either.

OP
OP
Donnie88

Donnie88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So after all this time what my issue ended up being was the owner before me somehow unplugged a wire from the relay under the dash and caused this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins