2004 Tahoe Center Console Upgrade & audio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I own a 2004 Tahoe LS. Pretty stock, non bose HU and center jump seat. The jump seat is/was my real complaint about the tahoe so I purchased one out of a 2003 with all of the lower dash components for cheap.

Here's the deal...

I have just been informed that it is coming with the OEM bose amp and subwoofer plus the harness.

My question is...

Will it plug and play with my OEM single CD and cassette stereo? I know there's not a lot of performance with these systems but lets face it... I'm a broke grad student and huge bass isn't a priority but I practically got the extra audio equipment for free... why not?

Also will I have to remove both seats in the front to remove the jump seat and install the new console?

If I can get some direction with this little project I will definitely post a right-up with picts when complete.

Thanks, JP

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
JP,

I've been told it will. I too have an LS. I'm performing this task along with oem navigation, new carpet, Katzkin seat covers, and rear seat DVD this weekend. I have the dash trim panel for the swap and it looks like everything bolts right up and plugs right in. However, I understand the dealer has to use a Tech II to tell the car it has Bose or it may not work 100%.

-B

OP
OP
J

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, glad I'm not the only one! The console I am getting has the rear audio jacks and digital air conditioning buttons. I don't have the auto air up front, just the two manual levers. And for the rear controls they are overhead. I'm thinking of just buying a cubby-hole off of gmpartsdirect.com to fill into there.

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Yeah. I have the same setup. My console has rear radio controls. No rear thermo controls.

Oh, also yes, you do have to remove the front two seats to pull the jump seat and install the console. 8 bolts I think.

-B

OP
OP
J

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I found one on ebay I could buy for under $100 with no temp controls. But it's something I might look into later.

What size hex pattern are the bolts for the seats?

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
I think they are external Torx 14 and 20 front/rear. However, metric sockets seems to work pretty well on them if you're careful and don't strip the bolts.

-B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove