2004 GMC Yukon Denali 2nd Row Caps Headrest Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggb20042001

Reaction score
I'm having a problem removing the headrest and rods from my 2nd row captain seats. I have a pair of prefab headrest to install and can't figure out how to remove. If anyone knows a way how please reply.Thanks!

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By one of the posts there should be a button like thing there, hold it and it should come right out (you may need a second pair of hands)

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

By one of the posts there should be a button like thing there, hold it and it should come right out (you may need a second pair of hands)
Forget I said anything. I just went and looked and I must have been thinking of another vehicle.

OP
OP
B

biggb20042001

Reaction score
yea i thought that there would be an easy way to remove them but seems like I'll be going to a shop to see if they can figure a way to remove them

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I thought there was a little hole that you could fit like a paperclip in that would release the catch??

Did I just dream that? I swear I read that somewhere, but have not tried it myself.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I thought there was a little hole that you could fit like a paperclip in that would release the catch??

Did I just dream that? I swear I read that somewhere, but have not tried it myself.

Yo're correct however that is for the front 2 headrests

OP
OP
B

biggb20042001

Reaction score
sorry for waiting so long to comment on my thread but i did get the screens on all headrest except for 3rd row. it looks unbelievable. i had a car stereo friend of mine fab things up and he has them perfectly installed. they even fold with the seat likes the originals. don't know how to post pics but i do have some.

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine has a small tab that you just press in but glad everything came out good

NASHTIME

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you explain how you got it to come off cause i installed 2 11.2" screens on my front two seats and this is stopping me from getting all four :(

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If thats the headrests that flip back when you fold down the seat, then they are non-removeable.