2003 Z71 paint spray on body, I have a love affair with my Z the Badger. Building painters go their paint all over her.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetie101

Reaction score
I have never been so livid to have my immaculate low mileage Z damaged by such careless &**%$ people. I got most of it off but now the finish feels dull and dry. Its also had a clay bar used on it. Is this salvageable? I have literally restored everything on it right down to the power steering fluid. What to do

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Contact a reputable paint and body shop and have it professionally cleaned and polished, and send the bill to the painters. That’s presuming you know who they are and have proof.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to my wife’s new RAV4. They sprayed on a windy day and got several cars. It actually went to the dealer for clay bar and detail but had to go back twice before they got it all. My attempt at clay bar didn’t do much but in the end all was good. Get the painter’s insurance company info and go through them.

OP
OP
Sweetie101

Sweetie101

Reaction score
Contact a reputable paint and body shop and have it professionally cleaned and polished, and send the bill to the painters. That’s presuming you know who they are and have proof.
I ended up posting a comment on the painting companies website and they called me at 8:30 am on Monday

The Badger goes to the body shop on Monday for 3 days. That body shop has a good reputation and they paid for a rental car. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up posting a comment on the painting companies website and they called me at 8:30 am on Monday

The Badger goes to the body shop on Monday for 3 days. That body shop has a good reputation and they paid for a rental car. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Hope it works out for you! We had a neighbors house burn down and almost took out our house. The bombers flew over and drooped that pink fire retardant on everything including our 4 cars. They said it's harmless fertilizer but guess who paid for all the car washes and detail's? Still after 4 years I can still find that crap in crevasses on the cars.