2003 Yukon squeaky noise under dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wahoo2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 03 Yukon with 130k miles. There is a squeaky noise coming from the drivers side dash. It happens rather driving or in park. It reminds me of a squeaky pump. It's has constant rhythm. I did a search but nothing came up with a drivers side noise, just passenger side results. Thanks in advance!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it is constant when parked then you should be able to remove the bottom cover under the steering column and see if you can better determine the source, takes a 7 or 8 mm socket and then once the screws are out it just pulls off, watch a youtube video for more accuracy on how to remove the panel it does come off really easy.

OP
OP
W

Wahoo2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if it is constant when parked then you should be able to remove the bottom cover under the steering column and see if you can better determine the source, takes a 7 or 8 mm socket and then once the screws are out it just pulls off, watch a youtube video for more accuracy on how to remove the panel it does come off really easy.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I am going to try a stethoscope.

RyanJW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it happen only with the AC on?

Mine currently has a squeaking behind the dash, quite rhythmic. I narrowed it down to the AC blower but only when I have the front vents or auto selected. Trying to figure out what part to replace to fix it!

RyanJW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK so after much google searching - I think I narrowed it down. The noise only happens when the AC is on and I have the front dash vents blowing...

Seems to be the mode door actuator looking for its location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick