2003 Sierra (No Front Parking Lamp)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear, TahoeYukonForum

I currently have a 2003 Sierra SLE. The problem I'm having is the front park lamp fuse keeps breaking. The front park lamps work for turn signals; however, the running light itself does not work, and when I manually turn the light switch to turn them on, I can hear the fuse pop.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like time to check for shorts. seems like a wire in the low/dim side of the bulb is grounded out somewhere and when you feed it power it is shorting it out.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your underhood fusebox layout should look something like below. Which (named) fuse is blowing when you turn on the light switch?

Are you turning it to full headlights, or just the parking lights position?

1657131083902.png

OP
OP
SmileB44Death

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your underhood fusebox layout should look something like below. Which (named) fuse is blowing when you turn on the light switch?

Are you turning it to full headlights, or just the parking lights position?

View attachment 374507
Thanks for the reply it's the "FRT PARK" that blows every time I turn to park lamp position. I've seen someone with a similar problem and it ended up being the relay. Could I use another relay from the fusebox to test the "PARK LP" relay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie