2003 LT Lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdupont

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all! Just created an account for hopes of advice after a lot of browsing. I need new shocks all the way around, I also want to level the rear end, don't really plan on towing anything heavy and if I do I'll put in helper bags. 2003 LT, 4x4, 3.73 with G80, 140k miles. Going to throw in some pics as-well. What I'm looking for is leveling coils and a decent shock set, seen a lot about Bilstein but wondering if there's anything out there that you guys might consider better. I've almost completely gone through it, most recently did short tube headers with a magna flow muffler and summit racing tip, sounds great. IMG_0725.jpeg70025959071__28AF443B-C4C1-4949-9E29-788A758F1E14.jpeg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice rig!

OP
OP
tdupont

tdupont

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_1216.JPGIMG_1217.jpeg
Ended up going with the Belltech 34324. Started at 37" in the rear, now at around 33.5". I did end up putting the 1" spacer in on the drivers side spring shortly after the install because it was riding on the bump stop. Leveled it for both sides after, but a couple weeks after it seems to have dropped back down a little bit. Kit was pretty straight forward if you know how to disconnect a sway bar and watch your brake lines.
Ignore that quarter panel, getting the rockers and quarters done next month!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice rig!

I'm curious if the original Premium Smooth Ride rear self-leveling Nivomat shocks (and springs) were still on it before you changed them over. and what condition they were in. Every once in a while we have people here who are interested in buying the shocks to replace the ones on their trucks.

OP
OP
tdupont

tdupont

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice rig!

I'm curious if the original Premium Smooth Ride rear self-leveling Nivomat shocks (and springs) were still on it before you changed them over. and what condition they were in. Every once in a while we have people here who are interested in buying the shocks to replace the ones on their trucks.
All of the suspension was still stock until I installed the system in the rear. I will admit that the front is a little floaty, but not too bad. Rear was completely fine so I didn't bother getting new shocks. The rear springs were fine, shocks are still good to go, no leaks, self-leveling seems to be doing its job as well.
I spent a lot of time looking for a compatible shock that wasn't going to hit the wallet too hard, but it didn't make sense to replace something that didn't need to be replaced. The extenders in the Belltech kit will hopefully save the shocks for pre-mature replacement.
I will note, it is a New England rig, so rust has run its course on everything. Crusty and dusty as I like to call it.
If you want some pics of the underside just let me know, also can post pics of the old springs that I took out.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No worries, I mis-read that and thought you had already changed them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE