2003 Escalade, which are brightest headlights I can run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemitomcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have my wife's 2003 escalade. I'm wanting the brightess lights I can replace the bulbs with. Can somoene point me to a thread, post, or provide the info to have to have bright lights for the STANDARD Headlights?

Thanks
Thomas

2003 - Escalade, Subbie, Diesel Dodge
1961 TBird
1970 Barracuda
1995 Toyota Camry

OP
OP
H

Hemitomcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have my wife's 2003 escalade. I'm wanting the brightess lights I can replace the bulbs with. Can somoene point me to a thread, post, or provide the info to have to have bright lights for the STANDARD Headlights?

Thanks
Thomas

2003 - Escalade, Subbie, Diesel Dodge
1961 TBird
1970 Barracuda
1995 Toyota Camry
Still hoping for some help with my ?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the Escalade, or a Tahoe for that matter. But I recently bought some Auxito brand LED headlight bulbs for my wife's Chevy Traverse on the recommendation of folks on the Traverse forums. Most LED bulbs won't fit under the dust cap on the back of the headlight and these are known to fit without any modifications, so I decided to try them. They had 3 different "brightness level" bulbs, and I of course opted the brightest ones they have. And I have to say, I was quite impressed with them. My ONLY gripe is that one of the bulbs failed in less than 6 months. But I can't say for sure if that is due to a poor quality bulb, or more so to the fact that a Traverse uses the headlamps as DRL's.I just bought a second set and I don't want these to fail as fast as the first set did. I had a suspicion that the lights being on ALL the time might cause them to fail prematurely, and I guess I was right. I'm going to figure out a way to bypass them, as pulling the fuse doesn't bypass them. I'm thinking of wiring in a relay that will cut the power to the headlight wire, and it will ONLY close the circuit if the parking lights are on. I'm not talking about having the headlights triggered by the parking lights, I still want to be able to have JUST the parking lights on if I want. But I can wire a relay so that the headlight wire AND the parking light wire both need to be energized in order for the headlights to come on. And if the headlights are on, the parking lights SHOULD be on anyway, so that should work out okay.
I might wait a few months, but I'm anxious to get a set of these for my Suburban as well, but I can wait if I need to as I have "decent" LED bulbs in there currently, but definitely not as bright as those Auxitos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401