2003 Denli No Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 Yukon Denali XL. Back story: drove fine yesterday and when I went to park it and noticed that the cluster said it was in reverse and the reverse lights were on. Didn't think anything about it and shut it off. Went back later to start it and nothing. The cluster is showing reverse but the colum is shifted into park. Cycled all the gears just fine but no matter the shifter position it still showed to be in reverse. So I changed out the neutral safety switch with a new one and had the same problem so I went and got another justto be sure and iI'm still having the same problem.

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should add that when you turn the key on everything else works. All the dash lights come on, radio, hvac, and everything that should. You can hear the fuel pump cycle. When you turn the key the dash just turns off and nothing. The engine doesn't even try to turn over. But going from the key off to on for not even a second the indicator will flash into park unlocking the doors but immediately goes back to park. Has anyone had this happen?

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soon as I turn the key on, the display on the cluster goes straight into Reverse. And I'd doesn't matter what gear you select the display still says reverse. So the computer won't allow it to start because it thinks it's in gear.

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you disconnected the cable from the trans and manually pushed the lever forward completely into the park position and made sure the cable is in the same position/adjustment and tried from there? you may have a bunk cable...?