2002 Yukon Transmission Gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to pass on my experience with an easy mod. I wanted the transmission temperature gauge in my '02 Yukon. As I understood from research on this forum and others, modification to the gauge cluster in pre-03 clusters is not straight forward. I decide to purchase a completed cluster from Digital Dash Solutions on eBay. They had a huge selection to choose from if I had wanted to upgrade to an Esclade cluster or white face gauges or whatever. I sent in a form with my stated mileage and engine hours, they programmed the cluster and I got it within 5 days. Last night I installed it, which took a total of 5 mins and now I have a working, stock, transmission temp gauge...sweet.

This is the cluster I went with, totally stock, I know boring...but this is my tow vehicle.

-Britain

Attachments

• 2b15_12.jpg
    2b15_12.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 72

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will love knowing how hot your transmission is getting, especially when towing!!

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you didnt have to tap a sensor into the tranny? would it be the same in my 01 tahoe lt?

OP
OP
B

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. From what I have read, they are pre-wired for the gauge but just don't have the gauge installed. I believe that this was a method to get people to purchase the "extreme" tow package. I just got back from lunch and mine was working just fine...reading about 120degs.

-Britain

OP
OP
B

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I am very interested to see what it reads this weekend when I am pulling my race hauler. I ordered the Vette Servo and Billet 4th Super Servo, not sure if I will get it by this weekend, if not I can compare temps before and after.

-Britain

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so that's a 2002 escalade cluster?
I've got a 2001 tahoe, which cluster would I get?

how much was the new cluster?

did you have to send in your old one?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the stock Yukon cluster, it was $225. After recieving mine and installing it, I sent my original back to them and got my $100 core charge back. They programed the mileage and the hours.

-Britain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo