2002 TrailBlazer you tube repair video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have been told by friends that I need to do repair videos at you tube for some of the work I do around here. I replaced my girl's aftermarket Ignition Switch with an AC Delco OE updated switch and did a video about that and posted it at you tube. If interested in seeing, just do a search at you tube for "2002 TrailBlazer Ignition Switch replacement" and scroll down. I will post it here too.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have been told by friends that I need to do repair videos at you tube for some of the work I do around here. I replaced my girl's aftermarket Ignition Switch with an AC Delco OE updated switch and did a video about that and posted it at you tube. If interested in seeing, just do a search at you tube for "2002 TrailBlazer Ignition Switch replacement" and scroll down. I will post it here too.

I thought it was a good video for someone looking to replace their switch. Nice work Ron.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I posted this today at the GMTNation forum about the 2002 TrailBlazer: Mind you, this is after I have installed the new ACD switch, as per the video I posted about earlier in this thread.

Ok, I was able to duplicate the stop cranking problem today and was also actually able to make it not crank at all a couple of times. What I was able to do each time was to just crank/turn the key harder in the crank position and then it would go ahead and continue to crank and go ahead and start. When I did get it to stop cranking and then would actually just turn harder it would then go ahead and crank and start, I actually did not feel the key and housing move. It was just me torguing the key harder and then it would either continue to crank or actually crank for the first time if it was an attempt to crank and start and it never spun the engine. The normal dash lights are on during the cranking process but when it either does not crank at all or stops cranking before the engine starts, just the amber Service Engine Soon light is on. I know that each time I have switched out the ignition switch, I have "keyed" the gear teeth the same as the one that came out but MAYBE, from the start of this ordeal, the one I took out in the beginning, was off a tooth and my ordeal is because of that. Any thoughts? There is a you tube video I am gonna post a link to and if I can duplicate the problem again, I will try the method shown in the video:

I am tempted to reinstall the original ignition switch that I replaced based off of the info I received on the other forum about the weak ignition switch known problems. I replaced it without having experienced any of the problems I am having now, just as a precautionary measure. I still have the original switch but it too had been replaced before I bought the rig for my girl, because it had a grey panel updated switch in it, that I still have, instead of the OE all black panel switch they were built with..

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

This next video is related to the ignition switch install but also addresses a no crank problem that the new switch did not cure and is explained why in the video. I did not install the replacement switch incorrectly, the switch I replaced was installed incorrectly at the gear teeth alignment and as the you tube videos instruct, I duplicated the gear teeth alignment but that alignment was wrong to begin with and the video explains the correction for that.

And yes, wiseasses, I do fit my 2005 Z71 way better than my girl's 2002 TrailBlazer.....:bleh:

So, theoretically, if you had 12 TrailBlazers lined up in a row and matched the gear teeth off of one wrong one and did all 12 the same way, they would all be wrong. I did find a video showing a different alignment that fixed my cranking problem.