2001 tahoe shorty headers question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After installing a bunch of performance stuff including headers i felt no noticeable improvements in my seat of the pants meter .... Save your money

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After installing a bunch of performance stuff including headers i felt no noticeable improvements in my seat of the pants meter .... Save your money

"bunch of performance stuff" very informative.

There are a lot of snake oil products out there unfortunately. If you purchased a throttle body spacer, CARB shorty headers, a canned tune, cat back exhaust, aftermarket MAF, a "cold air" intake, it wouldn't surprise me that you made effectively no gains.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
No !!! Shorts aren't worth it on our truck!!! Long Tubes are worth it tho.

V84x4

Coming out Large
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shorties sound much better than long tubes

I went with Pace Setter Look a Likes for $180.00 (Still Stainless)

Shorties have a mid tone to them
Longs give a more Deep tone

My "HOE" sounds like a corvette (everyone tells me) !

Go with Shorties you wont be disappointing

Regards rick

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
Aside from paying for the sound I would go long tube. I was pondering this and decided to go long tube to join up to my true duals. Don't waste your money on shorts. I do exhaust for a living up here in mass. I wouldn't stear ya wrong ;)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shorty headers will sound louder but they flow about the same as stock manifolds so hp gains are nill every comparison test ive read about were they have dyno tested long tubes shortys and manifolds long tubes have always shown significant HP increases over the others