2000 Yukon Maintenance Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we talk about Escalades here?

We got a 2003 from the Russians in Miami (really! Nice Russians ;)), and I need to find out how to remove the second row head restraints. The "foldback" feature is not working on one of them because there is a crimp in the wire that activates it. These do not have the clip where you can insert a pin to release them.

We will use the full cargo area, with the second row laid down, every day, like in our Yukon.

Thanks.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try to grab the wire that comes down under the seat, yank it and head rest will fold

Cant find exact cable but look for this, maybe under plastic and pull the cable inside plastic jacket0B84D36A-8727-4493-A5A4-3B83C59F842A.jpegC9C45C0D-2B9F-44DD-AC5C-A8321F09E7E6.jpeg

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Nice pictures. You must have one of those special phones. :)

After posting, I went out and did exactly that. I had to vicegrip the knob on the end and pull really hard.

It's folded down, and I will hope no one folds it up . . . but it will probably be me to do it, forgetting.

Most things work like the Yukon, except a lot of controls are digital instead of manual.

- - - - - -

As we talked about earlier in this thread, I was going to find a new-to-us tow vehicle with lower mileage, and then service the transmission. The Escalade has 84000 miles, but the transmission fluid is a pretty red color, and has no odor, so there's a good chance it's been done. I'll ask my mechanic-type guy.

After our first 1200-mile trip pulling the camper, we had decided a little more HP would be nice, and we've gone from 285 to 345.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Nice pictures. You must have one of those special phones. :)

After posting, I went out and did exactly that. I had to vicegrip the knob on the end and pull really hard.

It's folded down, and I will hope no one folds it up . . . but it will probably be me to do it, forgetting.

Most things work like the Yukon, except a lot of controls are digital instead of manual.

- - - - - -

As we talked about earlier in this thread, I was going to find a new-to-us tow vehicle with lower mileage, and then service the transmission. The Escalade has 84000 miles, but the transmission fluid is a pretty red color, and has no odor, so there's a good chance it's been done. I'll ask my mechanic-type guy.

After our first 1200-mile trip pulling the camper, we had decided a little more HP would be nice, and we've gone from 285 to 345.
You mean my hand held computer? Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Possumcop