2000 Denali OBS wont start Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billbies

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2000 Denali OBS wont start
First off this is my winter vehicle so it has sat since May 1st when I put it away I left 1/4 tank of fuel and stabilized let run to get stabilizer thru system
Unhooked battery (did leave in place though like have always) coated motor with WD-40 and parked under a good outdoor cover and left it

So Sunday pull battery place on maintanance tender 2 amp until today and added 5 gallons fresh fuel
Load tested battery and its good (new in Feb 2012)
Truck turns over but nothing, tried many times but starter just turns over and not even a cough or anything
So I checked fuel pressure and I have plenty (checked at valve by TB and squirts to hit the hood)

To me it seems like it is not getting any spark what could cause this
Checked all fuses i thought pertained to starting, ecm, ign etc
Is there a security system thing hear screwin me or something else you guys think I should check

Ive stored it this way for the last couple years and it always fires right up run it a couple days change the fluids and away I go for the winter

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
pull a plug wire out or get a spark tester and attach it to the wire.. see if it lights up when you crank it over.. pull the distributor cap off and see if your cap has corrosion..

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yeah it is called vats and there is a security light on the cluster. do you see it lit? if so when and under what conditions?

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

and what atomic said to.

OP
OP
B

billbies

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok thanks Ill check tonite the thing that gets me is talking with my dad he started it right up 2 weeks ago to move it to mow and trim the edge of the driveway behind it so I know it started right up 2 weeks ago he said he let it run for 10 minutes or so while he mowed then moved it back
So I dont know if that helps or not

kaoticlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it is called vats and there is a security light on the cluster. do you see it lit? if so when and under what conditions?

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

and what atomic said to.

X2 on vats! Happened to me.

sent from tapatalk2 using rabbit ears and aluminum foil.

OP
OP
B

billbies

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wasnt able to check last going there after work tonite

If it is vats how do I know and how do I fix it?

Thanks
this way i can check tonite if it is and hopefully have the fix to take care of it I need this thing out for the weekend weather to put my car away

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After first attemps did you go back later and try again? Sometime's when my security system acts up I let it sit for 10-15 minutes to reset then she fires right up.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vats only disables the fuel pump relay. The PCM will still prime however, so it usually starts for a second then dies.
If you suspect vats due to cranking but no fuel, remove the fuel pump relay and jump the appropriate slots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo