2/3 drop in DFW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott555

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to find a local shop that'll do a proper 2/3 drop on my 2004 Tahoe. I don't have the time to do it myself right now, and I just want it done.

THanks!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Maybe put location. I'm guessing Dallas-fort worth.

OP
OP
scott555

scott555

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Updated... sorry about that. Yeah, DFW. On the south side.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I think only Texas people call it DFW lol.

Anyway don't you have bigger problems to worry about than truck mods? Are you ok where you're at?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any mechanic shop should be able to do it. It's just replacing parts followed by an alignment, which should always be done any time suspension parts are replaced on a vehicle and the shop should know this. I understand a lot of places may not wanna deal with anything because they're "lowering/customizing" parts. But, maybe just tell them you want your spindles and rear coils replaced with the parts you provide. I say spindles because on a 2" front drop, that's the best way. You could do coils or lower control arms (if they have arms in 2" drop), but they're not as ideal as spindles for just 2". You would need shorter shocks or shock relocators for the rear to accompany those 3" coils.

OP
OP
scott555

scott555

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think only Texas people call it DFW lol.

Anyway don't you have bigger problems to worry about than truck mods? Are you ok where you're at?

It's not for the sake of a mod, really... it originally had a HEAVY cabinet system in the rear hatch, so something was done with the springs back there...now it sits at an angle. Just looking to freshen up the suspension and even it out at the same time. Not necessarily looking to "drop" it.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Well you'll have better luck than me asking here.
But I usually ask on local fb pages. When I moved to Alaska I didn't know anyone. Now I have a list of people I trust who can do suspension in a shop or even in their home garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts