2.25” Front & 1.5” Rear Level or just 2.25 Front Level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggp80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m tossed between the 2 options, I’m putting on 305/55/20 Tires. All I’m looking for is enough room for the tires to fit without rubbing. I’ve been running 305/35/24 and was fine with how those fit and they only rubbed the tiniest bit when the wheel was turned fully.

That being said I was told the Front only level is better on my truck wear and tear wise, not sure if that true?
Any recommendations on level kits available in Canada is appreciated too.

truck is 2017 Tahoe stock.

the kits I’m looking at right now are:

readylift 69-3015 ( front and back )
Readylift 66-3085 (front )

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do whatever it is that you want your vehicle to look like. There is no issue with lifting the rear if that is what you would like.

Personally, there is no way in hell I would lift the front over 2” and not lift the rear at all...it will look like its sagging ass IMO.

My recommendation is to jack the front of the truck up 2.25” and stand back and look. If you like it, well then fine. Otherwise, jack the rear up a bit too and then stand back and look at that combo...

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see any info on your truck - year, make, model, and existing mods? Folks here like to see that info, so that they can make the most accurate suggestions and recommendations in their responses to you.

I can tell you that 305/50x20 tires on stock 20x8.5 31mm wheels fit on my 07 Yukon XL Denali without any rubbing, but the clearances in the front are small.

OP
OP
B

biggp80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't see any info on your truck - year, make, model, and existing mods? Folks here like to see that info, so that they can make the most accurate suggestions and recommendations in their responses to you.

I can tell you that 305/50x20 tires on stock 20x8.5 31mm wheels fit on my 07 Yukon XL Denali without any rubbing, but the clearances in the front are small.

sorry I thought I put that in it’s a 2017 Tahoe LT 4x4 no mods

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons