1999 tahoe front diver side heated seat not work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My heated seat stopped working I swap the switch and the module and they work in the pass seat and nothing in the driver seat how can you check the heating element in the top and bottom I have 2 yellow wires and 2 black wires coming out of the bottom heating element that gose it to a 4 pin connector that is under the seat I have power but no heat in the seat can I jump the wires to the heating element to see if the top or bottom is bad

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ohm both sets to see if it has a closed or brocken connection

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thin metal strips that comprise the heating element in the seat flex and fatigue and over time they will break. Cheapest thing to do is buy a Rear Window Defroster Repair Kit and pull the seat cushion off and repair the break in the element. It will be pretty visible as to where it's broken. The best solution is to get to that point and just replace the heater element, as they are separate units from the seat cushion and cover.

OP
OP
T

tahoe99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In 99 tahie's the heated element is part of the cover it is not cheap I put a paper clip in the a and d in the 4 pin connector the purple wire and the light blue wire and the back of the seat the heat came on nothing on the bottom I had the bottom replace about 4 years ago

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can smell a burnt tahoe coming…. i thought the seat shop sells replacements?

joe90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where does a person by a replacement heating element for a PRE-2000 TAHOE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danepfalgout