1999 4x4 2 Door Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. I run a CV shaft, let me tell you what a pain in the ass that was to set up

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
@bunchz71 I have no idea how I missed the updates on this but I literally had the exact same problem you are talking about. after talking with @bowtiefreak I decided to go with the simple solution of lengthening my drive shaft 2 1/2' and doing a 3 degree shim on the rear end. I plan on swapping over to the cv style shaft after I figure out what I need to do about the lift on mine.

OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bunchz71 I have no idea how I missed the updates on this but I literally had the exact same problem you are talking about. after talking with @bowtiefreak I decided to go with the simple solution of lengthening my drive shaft 2 1/2' and doing a 3 degree shim on the rear end. I plan on swapping over to the cv style shaft after I figure out what I need to do about the lift on mine.

It seems to me that the vibration is gone, or barely noticeable. How much are the CV shaft and what are the advantages of going that route ?

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Im not sure on cost all I know is my driveline guy said he could do it when I was ready. the cv shaft allows a much higher angle to be achieved and operates much smother. this will give you less wear on joints and less vibrations. after I get my lift problems worked out I will defiantly get 1

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ this. The short wheel base of the two door makes the angles worse than say a four door or suburban

OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure on cost all I know is my driveline guy said he could do it when I was ready. the cv shaft allows a much higher angle to be achieved and operates much smother. this will give you less wear on joints and less vibrations. after I get my lift problems worked out I will defiantly get 1

What issues are you having with your lift ?

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
What issues are you having with your lift ?

I have it cranked as far as I can get it up front (almost hitting the drop stops on the upper A arms) to try to get it to set level. now with the wider tires im having clearance problems when I turn. don't want to but I guess im going to body lift it for now

OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it cranked as far as I can get it up front (almost hitting the drop stops on the upper A arms) to try to get it to set level. now with the wider tires im having clearance problems when I turn. don't want to but I guess im going to body lift it for now
I put on 315/70/17 BF Goodrich KO2 and when I turn sharp all the way, I would get some tire rub on the sway bars...... I added the 2" spacers and fixed that problem, plus it now handles better and looks better. take some pics of yours and I will take pics of mine so we can compare.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I put on 315/70/17 BF Goodrich KO2 and when I turn sharp all the way, I would get some tire rub on the sway bars...... I added the 2" spacers and fixed that problem, plus it now handles better and looks better. take some pics of yours and I will take pics of mine so we can compare.

I have enough off set that I don't hit the sway bar. my problem is the wide wheels take up more room in the fender so when I turn I hit the rear of the fender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goneracin

Latest posts