1995 defroster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vendo

Reaction score
I replaced the heater control and the floor setting goes to vent,the floor/defrost goes to floor,defrost barly comes out ,i see blend door by gas pedal..does that control that? 95 heater control is all by itself,should i look for another one?the other one i took out had the plug to use the 1996- up ones but that did not turn on the ac,this one does.

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
no help on this? how many blend doors are on these trucks?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no help on this? how many blend doors are on these trucks?
wow sorry i totally missed this one
you have 1 blend door i believe and you might have a crossover year which can be a serious pain to get proper parts for. the 95 models had multiple hvac control options and i believe the 96 and up probably also had atleast 3 options. by the sounds of it you might just have the wrong control. im very lacking on information on the hvac systems in general but i always thought the blend door was for temperature control. set all the way cold without a/c and it would pull ambient air and open to start pulling air through the heater coil for warmer air as you raised the temperature.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easiest is to find a tech2 . You could have a bad or improper actuator installed. Do you have the service manual?

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
i got about 10.8 volts between black and the brown,eng off,still no movement on the accuator..what next,everyelse works but defrost,mostly all floor..would the middle accuator do that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645