1994 gmc yukon abs problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello guys newbie here I was looking online trying to find some answered and found this forum. Hope I can find help, I have a 1994 Gmc yukon 2 door recently the abs light started coming on and I could hear what sounded like a pump kick on under the hood driver side and while that happens I can feel the brakes not working as we'll as they normally would. This happens when I'm slowing down and down to a speed under 25mph or so. Has anybody else had this issue or one like it?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well the speed seems a bit high for it to happen but you may have dirty or defective front wheel sensors causing the abs to activate thinking it is in a slip mode. a scan of the abs unit will give you a code of where the issue lies. not positive of your tire size from pic but oversize tires can exacerbate the dirty sensor issues.

OP
OP
Chris05

Chris05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am running 35x12.50x20....I was told I needed to replace the entire hub assembly but there is no movement in hubs! So can I just replace the sensor?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Actually you can just remove the sensor and clean it and its hole out. It ussually solves the low speed activation issue which with those tires may be triggering the problem at a higher speed.

kcb37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but 94 did not have 4 wheel abs, so you won't have the abs sensors to clean.
Look behind the front tires if you have abs you will have the brake hose to the caliper, and a couple wires covered in a black wrap/hose to the hub. If not you don't have a sensor to clean.

I believe (could be way off here) you have a sensor on the rear.
The 4 wheel abs I know uses the vss for the rear so it's more like a 3 wheel abs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tadsher