16 Escalade Completely Dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dino615

Reaction score
Good morning,
I have a 16 Escalade that I had an issue in the past with a loose battery cable causing the electrical to cut out completely leaving the vehicle with no power. I haven't had the issue in at least a year. Went to my truck this morning to go to work and the dash lights up until I hit the button and just one click and dead. I tried fixing it the same way, but that is not it. I have disconnected both battery cables, load tested the battery, and tried a jump box. I get absolutely nothing. I cannot lock/unlock, open the doors and there are zero lights, nothing come on electrical at all. I am at a loss as to where to even begin. The load test on the battery showed good battery. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP
OP
D

Dino615

Reaction score
Basics first and then deeper if needed. Check cables and, especially if you live in a salt on roads state, all grounds. Corrosion at cable ends and inside the insulation. Connections at each end. Sure sounds like, if all that checks out, that you may have a failed ignition switch.

Good morning,
It was corrosion inside the insulation. I didn't see this until just now, but I was moving the negative cable and could hear sparking as I did. I cut the boot back and all the wires were greening from corrosion. I soaked the terminal in coke and it fixed it for a day. The small wire was trying to come loose from the crimp in the connector. It worked long enough for me to get the new one delivered and I installed it yesterday.

Thanks for the help as always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo