Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

guywith2015LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The problem with these trucks is that the guys "de-milling" them don't care, so you end up with these issues. They're being paid to remove stuff, not to put the truck back to factory.
Yea I agree, they don’t care much.

Do you know where the horns are located? Is it by the wheel wells behind the front bumper. The resources for this car is so limited. Usually I find a blueprint of the car after few google searches but it’s quite opposite for this car.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
They're buried between the frame/ front bumper cover. I pulled my cover to remove the siren and about 10lbs of wiring and if I recall they were pretty accessible. The drivers' side one may be accessible from the top if you don't have a second battery.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
here's the block diagram and circuit theory:
image1(13).jpeg

Attachments

• image0(1).jpeg
    image0(1).jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
G

guywith2015LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
here's the block diagram and circuit theory:
View attachment 400069
I removed horns and manually tested them and it honks alright. I don’t know what to do anymore. I guess it’s the wiring from horn to the fuse that needs some work. Any idea/tips how I can fix this. I tried to trace the horn connector and just goes into a big wiring loom which is wrapped.

Update:
I tried to jam the multimeter probes into the horn connector and didn't see any current. I might have to splice (I don't really want to do this) through the wires to make sure there is a proper connection between the multimeter probes and honk to see any positive voltage.

Lets says if there isn't any positive voltage where/how should I tackle this issue?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

guywith2015LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also found this in the glove box earlier today, no idea where to find the wiring of it. does anyone know if it's wx7 or 6j3? Would love to have some aux capability. Also I don't have the center console instead a middle seat (probably because it was a K9?), so no idea where this piece gets attached.

Image.jpegImage 2.jpeg

the power outlets have started to work automatically lol. Just have to figure out the horn man.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also found this in the glove box earlier today, no idea where to find the wiring of it. does anyone know if it's wx7 or 6j3? Would love to have some aux capability. Also I don't have the center console instead a middle seat (probably because it was a K9?), so no idea where this piece gets attached.

View attachment 400217View attachment 400218

the power outlets have started to work automatically lol. Just have to figure out the horn man.
That would go into the oem center console. Front passenger corner.

6C7CFAD3-BCE0-4343-98B4-9D73F697A237.jpeg

OP
OP
G

guywith2015LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That would go into the oem center console. Front passenger corner.

View attachment 400221
thanks for the reply. Since I have the middle seat instead of the full center console there isn't a connection spot for me in my console. Do you happen to know where the wiring connection for that can be found? or at least the wire name?

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
I removed horns and manually tested them and it honks alright. I don’t know what to do anymore. I guess it’s the wiring from horn to the fuse that needs some work. Any idea/tips how I can fix this. I tried to trace the horn connector and just goes into a big wiring loom which is wrapped.

Update:
I tried to jam the multimeter probes into the horn connector and didn't see any current. I might have to splice (I don't really want to do this) through the wires to make sure there is a proper connection between the multimeter probes and honk to see any positive voltage.

Lets says if there isn't any positive voltage where/how should I tackle this issue?
If I recall properly, the horn relay is built into the fuse box itself. If the relay is clicking, you've eliminated everything inside the truck and past the fuse, so you'll need to find the brown/ gray wire coming from the fuse box going to the horn and look for a break in it. probe the fuse for power coming from the relay when its activated, then check the continuity from the output of the fuse to the horns. Its probably open from what you described. Look for any signs that they cut a wire, or just run a new one from the output of the fuse to the horns and it should work.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score

View attachment 400217View attachment 400218

The jump seat has provisions under the lid on mine: I had to run the wires up through the console when I reinstalled it (it was included with the truck, but loose in the back when I got it. There's a video on Youtube from Phil Gamboa (harness Dr.) for routing the wires.

Attachments

• IMG_8440.jpg
    IMG_8440.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
G

guywith2015LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still working on the horn :(.

@2015TahoePPV do you happen to know if there is an easier way to track the horn wire to the fuse box? I am new to car wiring stuff, so don't want to mess up if there is a same brown/white looking wire.

Not to mention, I am a young dude with just enthusiasm to learn about cars. I did some additional testing today by pressing the horn and checking the 93 fuse for power and got strong 12.54V. So there must a disconnection from the fuse box to the horn. If I have to tear up the wire bundle I would rather run a new wire and splice it into the old wiring. However, I don't know where the horn wire meets to the fuse box. I hope my wording is not confusing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts