15' Tahoe LT Windshield Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omar1112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has had to replace their windshield yet? The wife a couple days ago managed to get the windshield cracked while driving and it has expanded larger than 6". My question is, should I ask any questions prior to safelite coming out and replacing due to the lane departure camera on the windshield and the "red" collision alert that reflects on the windshield too, thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen of the forum

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure to specify that you have those options. Otherwise you should be fine. I had no issues with my replacement glass from Safelite.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an LS model (without all the fancy stuff on the W/S) and had a rock hit which, like yours, ended up spreading pretty fast. Satellite brought an LT windshield and the guy had to go back to his shop and grab the one for my truck. Wish I had realized the differences beforehand.

OP
OP
O

Omar1112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay perfect, thank you for your input, I've heard stories about newer vehicles and the type of electronics transmitted through the windshield that it's tricker, but seems like no issues with satélite, @JohnC12 you're right about the spread, less than 12 hours it went from 2 inches to over a foot long.

Blondy1

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has had to replace their windshield yet? The wife a couple days ago managed to get the windshield cracked while driving and it has expanded larger than 6". My question is, should I ask any questions prior to safelite coming out and replacing due to the lane departure camera on the windshield and the "red" collision alert that reflects on the windshield too, thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen of the forum
I had to have one replaced and then I took a rock to the second one and they were able to patch it. Make sure when you call Safelite you explain the sensors and such you have in your windshield as it makes a huge difference. Thank goodness for insurance, I think they said the replacement was $3500 for my 15'.

OP
OP
O

Omar1112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe it cost that much, I'm debating between just have the dealer change or stick with safelite, but seems like safelite has it figured out

Blondy1

Reaction score
Yes I was shocked, I didn't think to mention the sensors, luckily the glass place asked me or I could have ended up with the wrong windshield. I had no issues with the replacement and insurance covered it all but $100 so I was happy.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to have one replaced and then I took a rock to the second one and they were able to patch it. Make sure when you call Safelite you explain the sensors and such you have in your windshield as it makes a huge difference. Thank goodness for insurance, I think they said the replacement was $3500 for my 15'.
Not sure why you received a quote of $3,500 - that's outrageous - borderline illegal! LOL Maybe he said $350?? A windshield for an LTZ should run you under $400.

Naz 23 Esky

Reaction score

Same boat here funny same time frame we just had an ice storm when the wife came home I took the truck out and saw this weird crack which was literally a semi circle. 2 Days later cracks right thru the lane sensor thingy. Biting the bullet and going thru insurance didn't think new car warranty would cover lol tho my wife insists on trying. Had it only 4 months and 4k miles on the clock was so furious :mad:

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We need to have ours replaced as well and I was told typically they run $300-$500 depending on options. Waiting until spring season before having it done. No way do they cost $3k. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC GUy