15 Tahoe LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malones99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a 15 Tahoe and absolutely love it. I am going from a 99 Suburban, lets just say I get my monies worth. I noticed the other day when my wife (yes, it's her car :emotions133:) was pulling into the driveway the LED's were off, I assumed that when the car is on, so are the LED's. Is there a special button to push to get them to turn on?

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a 15 Tahoe and absolutely love it. I am going from a 99 Suburban, lets just say I get my monies worth. I noticed the other day when my wife (yes, it's her car :emotions133:) was pulling into the driveway the LED's were off, I assumed that when the car is on, so are the LED's. Is there a special button to push to get them to turn on?

Congrats on the Tahoe. I feel the same way about mine. The LEDs were at first a mystery to me too. Unless you have an LTZ, the LEDs only come on when the parking lights or fog lights are switched on during the day, and with the headlights on at night. In other words, they don't function as Daytime Running Lamps on the LS and LT models.

OP
OP
malones99

malones99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's dumb!

Last edited:

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never have understood the point of that either. They intentionally programmed them OUT of anything but the LTZ Tahoes. I guess they wanted to use that as one more "feature" to upsell the higher models.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
That's exactly what it is. If you look at all their promotional materials they specifically emphasize that the LTZ has the special feature of LED DRLs. A cheap/petty move by Chevy to push people to upgrade when all of the trucks are already equipped with the same LEDs.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what it is. If you look at all their promotional materials they specifically emphasize that the LTZ has the special feature of LED DRLs. A cheap/petty move by Chevy to push people to upgrade when all of the trucks are already equipped with the same LEDs.

It'd be pretty simple fix to make those LEDs come on anytime the key is on.

Just get the wiring diagrams for the LEDs, cut the 12v power lead to them, run it to a relay, give the relay 12v fused power direct to battery, ground, and the 4th wire on the relay a key on trigger wire.

Problem solved - anytime the key is on, the LEDs are on.

OP
OP
malones99

malones99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would think GM would want their cars more visible!

sharper4

Reaction score
Can we reprogram the module to use the parking lights for the LEDs somehow since GM obviously has a setting somewhere for it on the LTZ models?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missymom68

Latest posts