100K Mile Tune-up, what all did you do to yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of a Front & Rear Diff fluid, Transmission Fluid (pump all of it out, not a pan-drop) Maybe Transfer case fluid...

Anti-freeze was drained last month when they replaced Water Pump so I am good there...

Other than that, did any you guys do anything else important?

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all that plus plug and wires. clean the maf and TB, fuel filter if you have an external, check balljoints, tie rods etc. give everything a good once over.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Along with what you mentioned...plugs, wires, clean/replace air filter, clean MAF, clean TB, run a can of MCCC (Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner) through the engine, belts, & tensioners.

Cameron

Yukancount

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd personally argue against doing the pump for the tranny fluid. Instead I would just drop the pan and let it sit over night. Sometimes if the tech doesn't know what they are doing it can place a lot of pressure on the internals and cause things to break. Just in my experience though...I've had to buy more than one tranny and found out the hard way.

To your list I'd also add some new grease to all of your zerks on the suspension.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the tranny fluid swap, there is a great walkthrough posted somewhere, I just linked to it a few days ago. Here's the gist:

1. Drop the pan/drain
2. change the filter
3. reinstall the pan
4. add 3 quarts to dip stick neck
5. detach output line going into radiator
6. use clear hose zip-tied to the output line, dumping into a bucket beside the truck
7. start truck, and as soon as you see bubbles in the clear hose shut engine off
8. add 3 quarts to dip stick neck
9. restart truck, and shut off when you see bubbles
10. repeat steps 7-9 until you've put 15 quarts total in the dip stick
11. reinstall the tranny cooler output line
12. profit

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 100k...fuel pump is worth looking into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delgarcia