10 speed question, column shifter, is it mechanically shifting the transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my ten speed has buttons, no column shifter. If you want to find out, look under the truck, see if there's a mechanical linkage. It would stick out the side, just above the pan rail, near the front.

I doubt it.

CorvairGeek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2019 10 speed has a cable that exits out of the middle of the driver's floor area just like older trucks / transmissions. IIRC, the inability to get them into neutral for rolling/towing appeared with the new body (2021).

OP
OP
Reaction score
I am assuming the 6l80e has a mechanical link?

I had a 2022 ram 1500 Diesel. The fuel system crapped out (they replaced the whole thing w/the same system, but the TSB was a waiting list for the improved version). The tow truck guy & I too forever to find how to take it out of park while on a hill. Had to remove a panel in the dash & pull an orange lever to put it in neutral. It kept on going into neutral & going right back into park. TOTALLY ANNOYING.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen

Latest posts