09 Yukon driver seat not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal....2009 Yukon SLT, power seats with heat and memory. As found on many websites, the driver side seat, movement and heat, along with the adjustable pedals are not working. Worked on it about 7 hours over the weekend, got it to move a little, put it back together and then nothing. Took it to a shop Monday, they diagnosed it as the power seat module. Ok seems to be a common problem. Ordered the module, put it in and still nothing. Tells me I need to take it in to the dealer and have them check it out.
Fast Forward...we leave for Florida Monday and seat still not working. Has anyone ever put power direct to the seat motor to move it forward?

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, hopefully will have it fixed tomorrow. GMC dealer in BR ordered module ($271), gonna install for $125 and program for $120. Not too bad, but the '69 Suburban is looking pretty sweet right now!!!!

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, dealer says its not the module. Said they have a call into tech support and will run diagnotics on it this weekend and get back on it Monday morning.

Pensacola.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes the harness gets pinched/shorted, remove the seatback cover and inspect wiring harness

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sometimes the harness gets pinched/shorted, remove the seatback cover and inspect wiring harness

I was going to do that before I took it in the shop, but forgot to. It's at the dealer now.

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They called this morning said it was ready. Said a wire shorted out and fried the module. Went to pick it up, paid $588 (not bad, thought it was gonna be a LOT more) get in it to leave, move it down some, adjust the back, start to slide it up and it moves about an inch and stops. Nothing. Walk back in and tell the service guy, he looks at it and pulls it around back again. About 30 minutes, service guy comes back in and says there is a broken wire in the harness under the seat. Says he will order the harness and to bring it back Monday and they'd take care of it.

Really impressed with Capitol Buick GMC service dept in Baton Rouge.

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they didn't "take care of it." Took in on Monday after we got back from FLorida. Set there all day went by after work to get it. The guy who said "they would take care of it" no longer works there. Great!! Gives me a quote for $343 to change wire harness. Thought about it and they printed out the quote....which had the part # of the harness they were going to change. Ordered the harness from GM parts direct for $111 and just waiting for it to come in. Hopefully it will be a plug and play deal. Will keep y'all posted.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My easy exit is not working, keeps throwing codes or just not working whenever my wife borrows it. Somebody must be following her around and draining all the gas from the tank too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wooshca01