'08 Tahoe exhaust replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BXTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, just joined. I have a '08 Tahoe LT, 5.3L, 4WD in need of an exhaust replacement after the cat pipe. I went with the walker ss quietflow setup. I have both the muffler (21614) and the resonator pipe (55565) but having trouble with getting the flex extension pipe (52477). It doesn't seem be in stock with anyone since the beginning of this year. I do see AP has their version of this pipe (38961). Has anyone mixed and matched AP pieces with walker pieces? I'm thinking the pipe diameters between companies may be different where the clamps will not seal properly. Any help/advise is appreciated.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, just joined. I have a '08 Tahoe LT, 5.3L, 4WD in need of an exhaust replacement after the cat pipe. I went with the walker ss quietflow setup. I have both the muffler (21614) and the resonator pipe (55565) but having trouble with getting the flex extension pipe (52477). It doesn't seem be in stock with anyone since the beginning of this year. I do see AP has their version of this pipe (38961). Has anyone mixed and matched AP pieces with walker pieces? I'm thinking the pipe diameters between companies may be different where the clamps will not seal properly. Any help/advise is appreciated.
You could always give AP/Eastern a call:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

OP
OP
B

BXTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You could always give AP/Eastern a call:

As you suggested, I emailed both AP and Walker. First, the AP guy noted that the overall level of their flex pipe is longer than Walker's and he wouldn't be able to confirm if their bends of their pipe would match up to the inlet of Walker's muffler. The Walker guy came back with the bad news that their 52477 pipe has been discontinued. Looks like I'm heading to my local exhaust shop to see what kind of magic they can do.....

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you suggested, I emailed both AP and Walker. First, the AP guy noted that the overall level of their flex pipe is longer than Walker's and he wouldn't be able to confirm if their bends of their pipe would match up to the inlet of Walker's muffler. The Walker guy came back with the bad news that their 52477 pipe has been discontinued. Looks like I'm heading to my local exhaust shop to see what kind of magic they can do.....
Thanks for following up. Hard to beat a good exhaust/muffler shop for custom work like that. Many will have a bending machine and can do fabrication work on the spot to get you hooked up.