08 tahoe 2wd w/RC 7.5 lift not level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i just installed the 7.5 with the vertex coilovers on mine and i'm seeing a somewhat similar situation. (2008 2wd tahoe)

I haven't measured the rears, but my fronts are sitting WAY high. I measured them at nearly 31" from center hub to fender in the front. I ordered the tool to lower them as low as they could go (only like 5 or 6 more theads) and it barely went down maybe 0.5" to 0.75". i know the rcx 7.5 is already a 5" kit stretched to 7.5". even without cv axles i do not want to run a 5" kit at nearly 9".

something about the 2wd hoes is weird here.

I don't think rough country is going to have a whole lot of info either on this. But at least for my application i need a different spring (which i can guarantee rough country can't do anything about..)

So the options are the N3 strut (most likely what i'll do), some other coilover (expensive and risky, most on backorder), or big spacer with factory struts.

OP
OP
ReedR

ReedR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i just installed the 7.5 with the vertex coilovers on mine and i'm seeing a somewhat similar situation. (2008 2wd tahoe)

I haven't measured the rears, but my fronts are sitting WAY high. I measured them at nearly 31" from center hub to fender in the front. I ordered the tool to lower them as low as they could go (only like 5 or 6 more theads) and it barely went down maybe 0.5" to 0.75". i know the rcx 7.5 is already a 5" kit stretched to 7.5". even without cv axles i do not want to run a 5" kit at nearly 9".

I don't think rough country is going to have a whole lot of info either on this. But at least for my application i need a different spring (which i can guarantee rough country can't do anything about..)

So the options are the N3 strut (most likely what i'll do), some other coilover (expensive and risky, most on backorder), or big spacer with factory struts.

Yeah with the n3 struts mine sits almost an inch higher than it should, by rough country numbers. I had to put 2 inch spacers on the rear coils to level it out. Rough country stopped answering my emails about it and would leave me on hold until I was mysteriously hung up on. I think the n3 struts they use for this kit aren't right for the tahoe. They sell the same ones for the 1500 Silverado, which is probably correct since the rear sits a little higher

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would update people on what i ended up doing.

I ended up getting some aftermarket springs from Eibach to replace the coil springs that came on the Rough Country Vertex coilovers. These coilovers are a 2.0" body but you need 3.0" springs as there is a gap between the shock body and the spring that is larger than what you see on fox coilovers.

The springs on the Vertex coilovers are 13" springs with 750lb/in spring rate. I picked up some 12" springs at 700lb/in from eibach. The swap was pretty easy and it rides quite good. I wouldn't mind going to an even lower spring rate but eibach didn't have anything until 400lb/in which is likely too soft.

I also ended up lowering my 7.5" kit down to ~5" of lift to improve the ride and suspension angles. I custom ordered the rear coil spring spacer from the BDS 4" kit. This coil spring spacer bolts to the frame of the vehicle and is about 3" tall. Using my factory rear coil springs (much softer than the RC 7.5" springs) and an additional 1" bottom spacer, it sits level at 5" of lift overall.

One piece i'm missing is i need to get the 4" BDS kit's rear sway bar links. Currently using the RC 7.5" kit's rear sway bar links and they are definitely a bit long. BDS was pretty easy to deal with and order the spacers but they didn't return my email about another order for the sway bar links. Maybe it got lost so i'll send them another message. I also removed the rear control arm drop bracket that is used in the RC 7.5" kit since its not really needed but i might play around with it a bit more to see if i can better set up the rear axle placement and pinion angles.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would update people on what i ended up doing.

I ended up getting some aftermarket springs from Eibach to replace the coil springs that came on the Rough Country Vertex coilovers. These coilovers are a 2.0" body but you need 3.0" springs as there is a gap between the shock body and the spring that is larger than what you see on fox coilovers.

The springs on the Vertex coilovers are 13" springs with 750lb/in spring rate. I picked up some 12" springs at 700lb/in from eibach. The swap was pretty easy and it rides quite good. I wouldn't mind going to an even lower spring rate but eibach didn't have anything until 400lb/in which is likely too soft.

I also ended up lowering my 7.5" kit down to ~5" of lift to improve the ride and suspension angles. I custom ordered the rear coil spring spacer from the BDS 4" kit. This coil spring spacer bolts to the frame of the vehicle and is about 3" tall. Using my factory rear coil springs (much softer than the RC 7.5" springs) and an additional 1" bottom spacer, it sits level at 5" of lift overall.

One piece i'm missing is i need to get the 4" BDS kit's rear sway bar links. Currently using the RC 7.5" kit's rear sway bar links and they are definitely a bit long. BDS was pretty easy to deal with and order the spacers but they didn't return my email about another order for the sway bar links. Maybe it got lost so i'll send them another message. I also removed the rear control arm drop bracket that is used in the RC 7.5" kit since its not really needed but i might play around with it a bit more to see if i can better set up the rear axle placement and pinion angles.
@imi4tth3w Just so you know the Jeep JK front sway bar end links fit perfectly on the rear sway bar of the Tahoe, I am using a JK link for a 3-4 inch lift on the back of my tahoe and it fits perfect. my rear is lifted 3-4 inches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons