08 Denali air ride compressor kicking on a lot ??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 Denali, and all of a sudden today in the cold (0 degrees / -10 with windshield) the air ride compressor is kicking way more then normal. Normally it kicks on when you start it up and then it's good, but today in this cold it's coming on when driving around town. When I get up to highway speeds it seems to be better???

I'm wondering if I may have a leak in a line or is this cold just messing with it?

The only thing that is different, is that it sat outside in this cold last night, which normally it's in a heated garage. So last night was the first time, it's been exposed to this cold for any extended period of time.

Thoughts????

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air bags on the rear shocks crack and leak. This results in the air pump running all the time and then it dies too. Replace your rear shocks soon.

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air bags on the rear shocks crack and leak. This results in the air pump running all the time and then it dies too. Replace your rear shocks soon.

Thanks for the reply!!!

Crazy part is, it warmed up a little and it stopped doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925

Latest posts