07 Tahoe rear hatch

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Badasstoy, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:06 AM.

1. Badasstoy

Badasstoy TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ryan
    my 2007 lt tahoe rear hatch just stopped unlocking and locking. The rear glass pop still works and if I take the rear lock actuator out and connect to battery it works fine trying to figure out what can cause this to stop working or if anyone has had same issue

2. Big Mama

Big Mama Full Access Member

Name:
    Steven
    Does it work with your remote or from inside? My button inside gets stuck sometimes and neither works. Check that then the fuse if not those the connections that goes from the body through the hatch gets boogered up check for exposed wire and bad grommets

kbuskill likes this.
  3. 89Suburban

89Suburban Full Access Member

Name:
    Paw Paw
    Is it a bad button on the handle? My key FOB doesn't have the option open the back door. How do you open from inside?

4. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    ya check the harness that comes out of the body at the top dead center when the hatch is open, the wires can get worn right there for some reason it seems to happen on the earlier years.

5. Badasstoy

Badasstoy TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ryan
    My remote won’t unlock it nor will buttons on door I tried replacing the handle sensor didn’t work. All fuses are good so I’ll start checking harness in center like said and I’ll let you know what I figure out

89Suburban likes this.