07-09 GMC Yukon HID kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmac572

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Massachusetts (currently in Al Kut, Iraq)
Whats up guys, new to the forum and to the 07+ yukon... just bought a 2007 denali and want to add HID headlights to it but i cant find anywhere that talks about the Daytime Running Light issue with this truck, as with any car/truck with DRLs and each vehicle must be dealt with differently. i did find in a couple places that there are two fuses that get removed and it will kill the DRLs... is this true?? if so, where are these fuses located and what are their names?

Is there an HID kit out there that cancels out the factory DRLs? these trucks have been out for 3 years now and I refuses to believe no one has installed HIDs in their yukon, anyone have any recomendations on any quality HID kits that wont interfere with the radio and have a good life span? thanks guys.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few who installed HID's in their Yukons. Including me.

I left my DRL's alone. The harness that came with they kit allows the HID's to get the correct voltage when the DRL's are on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jmac572

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks and thats beautifull truck... which hid kit did you get? i see the DDM 6000k, but is there anything else that I should know? btw, i was going to get a 4300k to stay as stock looking as possible, but your 6000k looks great and I may go with that. thanks again

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Hi/Lo kit which came with the harness. Make sure you get the harness.

4500k would be almost stock. To me, stock still looks a bit yellow. I would rather have 5000k.

I wanted a tint of blue which is why I got the 6000k.

OP
OP
J

jmac572

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, well you all speak very highly of the DDM Kit, and for a $65 HID kit how can you go wrong, it almost sounds impossible. Ed, if your still watching this post i have two more questions then ill leave ya alone... You said you left your daytime running lights working, so are your HIDs on all the time basically or only when its dark outside? also, by wiring harness, do you mean the "error code eliminator - 3" boxes ( http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=130&parent=94 ) or the "HID Accessory Wiring Harness" ( http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=133&parent=94 ) I cant find exactly what I need on the website and id like to order it now so i can have someone install it for my girlfriend back home, i dont leave Iraq for another 3 months and I dont want to have to try and return stuff then. Thanks again guys.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY HID's are on all the time. And so far no issues.

The 'HID Accessory Wiring Harness' is what I use.
Mine came with the kit since I ordered the Hi/Lo option to keep the high-beams.

Check with them and make sure they still include it.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey Ed, how did you wire the relay!
I just bought one to supplement my HIDs but it looks a but short, though the truckis not here but at servicing.
And did you see your Hi/Lo kit came with a relay, becuase if so that means I accidentally ordered and extra one for a different vehicle HID kit from DDM?

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine from the battery, then behind the grille. Mine was long enough.

Looks like you might have an extra harness. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zucchini