05 Z71 Hoe paint questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

partcheck

Reaction score
Hey all.

Replacing front bumper due to rust.

Planned on giving new one to autobody to paint but now that I think about it, I'm considering giving my fender flares (they never paint matched fender flares on black Z71s) and my rear pillar applique's to the autobody, too.

Question is, has anyone successfully painted a front bumper and/or other parts successfully by themselves?

I know the autobody would charge at least $200 to paint everything and am wondering if I could save a few bucks doing it myself.

Attachments

• tahoe2 - Copy.jpg
    tahoe2 - Copy.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 7

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you have never taken the front bumper off before, watch a few videos before you do. Several steps. I like the contrast of yours but mine is silver so everything is pretty much silver instead of having the different colored fender flares and such.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all.

Replacing front bumper due to rust.

Planned on giving new one to autobody to paint but now that I think about it, I'm considering giving my fender flares (they never paint matched fender flares on black Z71s) and my rear pillar applique's to the autobody, too.

Question is, has anyone successfully painted a front bumper and/or other parts successfully by themselves?

I know the autobody would charge at least $200 to paint everything and am wondering if I could save a few bucks doing it myself.
Kids and I repainted our bumper cover. Then the clear started peeling but before we got around to painting it again we busted it up playing in the mud. Thought it would be about $100-200 bucks to paint the new one, the bill was almost $500! But boy, it sure does look purty now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts