05 Tahoe Bulb Numbers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TBsTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They went all the way in and still didn't work but worked fine in the reverse lights :( And I was told 3157 is for the DRL and Turn Signals.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Can a 3157 bulb be used in place of of the 4114? I ask because I for some reason want amber DRL's instead of the regular clear bulbs.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can a 3157 bulb be used in place of of the 4114? I ask because I for some reason want amber DRL's instead of the regular clear bulbs.

Yes, but there's a big debate about the longevity of 3157's as DRL's. The LED's I bought off eBay say they were designed for DRL usage, something about the 4114 being a higher wattage bulb than the 3157, so the LED's have a resistor in them to account for that. I'd say if you were going to go with 3157's, get the cheapest ones you can so you're not annoyed if you have to replace them...but that's just me.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Yeah thats my plan. Go with the cheap ones for now. Its not like its a pain for me to change them if they don't last as long. Thanks for the response.

OP
OP
T

TBsTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
JUST FYI 3157 LED bulbs don't work in the from turn or DRL! I've try both flipping and turning and neither fit. They work good in the reverse light though.

Dynamo

Reaction score
Just FYI but 5702KA is the amber equivalent to the clear 4114LL bulbs. They are a little hard to find but they are out there. I see them on ebay sometimes and at least one online retailer but have not seen them (or even a listing for them) in any store.

Since switching to 4114LL bulbs neither DRL has gone out on me.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JUST FYI 3157 LED bulbs don't work in the from turn or DRL! I've try both flipping and turning and neither fit. They work good in the reverse light though.

Something is going on with your sockets because those should work.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with Omar. Plenty of folks have LED DRL's, self included, and have no issues with them not working. IIRC it took a little more oomph to get them in there, but my LED's were the first 'mod' I did to my hoe and have had no problems.