'05 Tahoe aftermarket wider running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grant Y

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a brand of running/sideboards that EXTEND a few inches FURTHER than the factory boards??? My wife and I are both old(er) and have a difficult time getting in, but mostly out, of our Tahoe due to the NARROW factory boards. We just aren't as nimble as you young 'uns anymore!!!

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I dont think many aftermarket companies offer wider... Most aftermarket are either electric ones, those may help since they are open to be able to put a foot on the board a bit better possibly... You could look into having someone fabricate some out of steel for you... I know the boards on the GMT900 are a bit deeper than the 800 when it came to using them as a step.

My personal choice would be the electric ones since they go a bit lower than the stock ones, and can also give you better footing since they are open on the back side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts