05 Escalade Bose factory head unit w/ nav screen retrofit into Bose Tahoe factory 6CD head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently ran across an 05 Escalade being parted out that has the factory large screen head unit, Nav? that is Bose as well. My 04 Tahoe Z71 has the Bose system with the 6CD changer factory head unit.

Will the Escalade head unit swap into my Tahoe and work......other than having to have it programmed for the VIN conflict?

Am I insane for wanting to swap to the factory big screen(is it Nav?) head unit vs. what I have now? I've never played with the Escalade head unit so I have no idea if it's a good option or not. Anyone BTDT? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently ran across an 05 Escalade being parted out that has the factory large screen head unit, Nav? that is Bose as well. My 04 Tahoe Z71 has the Bose system with the 6CD changer factory head unit.

Will the Escalade head unit swap into my Tahoe and work......other than having to have it programmed for the VIN conflict?

Am I insane for wanting to swap to the factory big screen(is it Nav?) head unit vs. what I have now? I've never played with the Escalade head unit so I have no idea if it's a good option or not. Anyone BTDT? Thanks in advance.

esky-stereo.JPG esky-stereo.JPG esky-stereo.JPG esky-stereo.JPG esky-stereo.JPG

Last edited:

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just did this in my '05 Denali, which is fortunately a easy simple swap. In my opinion the unit is nice enough, but not advanced by any means in today's age. I just personally like to keep things original and factory.

Unfortunately for your Tahoe there's more to it than just the straight swap. You have the "premium" Bose amp, but for the Nav unit, you need to swap to the "Luxury" Bose amp. You'd also need to source the slave 6 disc CD changer unit unless you don't care about playing CDs. The slot on the nav unit is utilized for the map DVD, and if you take it out to play a CD, now you have no maps.

And yes, as soon as you connect it to your Tahoe, the unit will immediately go into theftlock mode until you do a VIN relearn with a Tech2 tool.

Here's a great writeup on all the info you'd ever need: https://www.performancetrucks.net/f...ps-201/oem-navigation-upgrade-gmt800s-496180/

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the excellent info and link to the other site. That is the sort of info I was after and I think I'll put down this idea of changing over with the necessity to change amps, etc. I like to keep factory original "upgrades" as well, even if they're not advanced by today's standards. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
champion313