05 denali gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltersb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i bought a 05 denali 2 weeks ago. It is awd. not sure if all of them are or not. Today i averaged out the mpg. It was about a 1/4 tank left. Last time i reset the tripper and did the average that way. Im averaging 10.1 mpg. Isn't that low? There aren't any mountains or big hills around me. I do mostly city driving and never take it above 2500 rpm. I drive like old lady lol I check the tire psi every other day so its not that. The truck has 130 k miles

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought a 05 denali 2 weeks ago. It is awd. not sure if all of them are or not. Today i averaged out the mpg. It was about a 1/4 tank left. Last time i reset the tripper and did the average that way. Im averaging 10.1 mpg. Isn't that low? There aren't any mountains or big hills around me. I do mostly city driving and never take it above 2500 rpm. I drive like old lady lol I check the tire psi every other day so its not that. The truck has 130 k miles

All Denali's are AWD and do have the 6.0L engine. As you have AWD at all time plus the bigger engine, I am not sure if you can get any better gas mileage while city driving.

I am getting only about 1 mile per gallon more with my 5.3L Yukon while city driving and average about 11.4.

OP
OP
W

waltersb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. That sucks. I was just about to do total tune up. Wires, plugs, 02 sensors. Hoping would help. It doesnt sputter at all and runs real smoot

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are pretty low. A tune up may help. Plugs,wires, clean throttle body, and MAF. Also a tune can help. I get 16ish city and 21-22ish on the highway and I have a heavy foot 25% of the time ;)

OP
OP
W

waltersb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. I guess i will do tune up this week. I am saving up for tune, spectre intake, and magnaflow muffler

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesnt hurt especially with your mileage and if you are unsure of its maint. history. A tune wakes these things up and gives you a 1-2 mpg gain if you drive nice. I got mine thru Blackbear.

Let us know how the tune up goes and if you see any improvement

OP
OP
W

waltersb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would be happy if i got 15. Getting parts tomorrow. Thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member