04 Tahoe - Heated side mirrors & Rear wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JECosenza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there-
I have had my 2004 Tahoe LT for about a year now, and have had almost no issues. About a month ago, the rear wiper stopped working, I assumed it was the motor, until it randomly wiped once, and then never again. ( I think I had left the switch in the "on" position) While trying to figure out if it was maybe just stuck or whatever, I hit the round button that releases the glass portion of the tailgate, which I assume has a type of shutoff built into it, to disable the rear wiper from working while the glass is open, and voila, the wiper wiped once, and then stopped. I repeated this action a few times, each time getting one strong & consistent wipe, and nothing more. So, I know the problem is not a fuse, or the motor, but think it is tied into that window release switch. Any ideas, or help with this would be great!

Which brings me to my second issue - I have the heated, power-folding, auto dimming, integrated turn signal mirrors, that work great. Up until about a week ago, both mirrors would defrost with the rear windshield like they are supposed to. Now, the drivers side defrost feature is not functioning. The mirror still folds, blinks with the turn signal, and auto dims just fine, but will not defrost. again, I'm guessing this is not a fuse, because everything else on the mirror is fine. Again, if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome. Maybe the issues are connected? I have no clue - and I'm really not in the mood to bring it to the dealership where they just start replacing things that don't need to be replaced, and charging me half the price of the truck for it.

Thanks
Jon C.

OP
OP
J

JECosenza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the more I look into it, I think I'm just gonna have to rip the tailgate apart and find out. I think you are spot on with the electrical short idea -Thanks =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz