(04 Tahoe) Aftermarket radio, no sound from rear headphone jacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marleysbeard

Reaction score
So I'm trying to get the DVD to output sound to the rear headphone jacks for the kids.

Installed an aftermarket Pioneer knowing that I wouldn't be able to output DVD thru the in car speakers. I was hoping however that the headphone jacks would still work.

I'm guessing the clip in the factory radio that I'm no longer using supplies power to the "RSE". Is it possible to locate the RSE's +/- in that clip and add it to the aftermarket radio's +/-? Would simply powering the RSE allow audio thru the headphone jacks?

Just trying to get it so the kids can listen to DVDs on the headphones and we can listen to the radio without buying a $100+ harness. Thanks

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would either need to get after market adapters for pretty much plug and play, or the wiring diagram to know what to tap. The wiring diagram is likely posted around here somewhere, but I do not have it myself, sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15