03 tahoe LED dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DollyDenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I solved my problem with the LEDs. I have the cheap ones in my 2002 YD and my maps stopped working when I flipped the dimmer SW, and if I had the interiors on Maps would turn off the Interior. No power to doors at all.
The engine bay fuse box has a CTSY LP 15a fuse that was blown. I was still getting power to the lights but the current would drop 12v to 3v when the map or dimmer switch was on. Also I found that my sunroof/moonroof had stopped working when this fuse had blown.

DredY420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just grab a link to the image and in the reply box just click the little yellow box with a mountain in it on the mid-right. It should have an image link inside tags like below.

angel.arteaga images below.
View attachment 288863
"In this picture, on the bottom right side, u can see a rectangular white connector with 3 wires coming out of it. On the bottom left side of this picture u can see the black plastic dom that houses the passenger side domelight bulb, u can also notice that this black plastic dome has 2 wire terminals on it, the wires coming out of these 2 terminals are yellow and black. The black wire coming out of the terminal on this black plastic dome goes directly to the white rectangular connector on the bottom right of the pic, which I mentioned before. This is the wire that I cut between the black plastic dome and the white rectangular connector, it is already cut in this pic. The side of this black wire that comes out of the white rectangular connector goes to Terminal 85 on the relay, and the side of the black wire that comes out of the black plastic dome terminal, goes to Terminal 30 on the relay."

View attachment 288864
"This is a better pic of the little white harness where I got the 12v constant as u can see this little harness has 6 pins (3 on the top row and 3 on the bottom row). I tapped the wire coming from Terminal 87 on the relay to the orange wire on the bottom row to the right side, u can see an empty pin on top of this wire that I used."

View attachment 288865
"This brown wire u see here with an in-line fuse installed is the wire that comes from terminal 87 on the relay, Constant 12v. I tapped it it to an orange wire on that little white harness u see on the pic"

View attachment 288866
"This is the wire that comes from Terminal 86 on the relay. I just got the GND from that top metal bracket."