01 Yukon Trailer brake factory harness question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01YukonXL

Reaction score
So I have an 01 Yukon XL. I wired up a brake box to the factory harness that comes with the vehicle new. It was in the glove box. I have it hooked up and plugged in. My question is, where does the supplied 40 amp fuse go? I pulled the lid off the fuse box and there is only one slot open for one and it is labeled as "AIR". I'm sure somone has run into this. I've been searching for a couple days and I'm not finding anthing online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0815.jpg
    IMG_0815.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 7

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an 04 but I could swear I didn't have to use the fuse that was included with my factory harness.

heater_up_c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

Did you check to see if you have +12 V to ground on pin 4? That is all that fuse should be use for. Pin 4 is at the 1 - 2 o'clock position on the truck side of the connector if the alignment key is pointed up.

OP
OP

01YukonXL

Reaction score
I think I have it figured out. It appears everything was already done. It just threw me off that the harness and fuse was in the glovebox and there was already a fuse in there. I hooked the box up then I rewired my trailer which was still wired with the old small round 6 hole plug. Everything seems fine now. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcutter004