01 Tahoe... rear defrost not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bedore

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys. I think the connector on the driver's side is not making good contact for ground...or whatever it's supposed to do. I will probably replace it w/ a new spade connector and see if that does anything. Will update accordingly.

jhacker5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks alot guys. I think the connector on the driver's side is not making good contact for ground...or whatever it's supposed to do. I will probably replace it w/ a new spade connector and see if that does anything. Will update accordingly.

Apologize for the random bump, but I'm running into a eerily similar situation with my 2006 Tahoe's rear defrost. Did a new spade work for you? Curious to hear what worked/suggestions. Thanks!

BigWheelinBubba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a possibility here, i have seen bad heater cores cause extreme fogging of the windows and the defrost will not clear them.

OP
OP
B

Bedore

Reaction score
Apologize for the random bump, but I'm running into a eerily similar situation with my 2006 Tahoe's rear defrost. Did a new spade work for you? Curious to hear what worked/suggestions. Thanks!

Nope, a new spade did not make it work unfortunately. I suspect the element itself is bad and in order to fix it would require replacing the entire window which I am not going to do. Had no defrost for 2 winters now. Do you use the glass liftgate a lot? I have read that sometimes by using just the window lift gate, the wires that connect to the spades on the glass could be too short (LOL GM) and put stress on the spade connectors which eventually break. You can try soldering a new connector, but in my experience it did not work.

I ended up buying a new vehicle and have to say that I love the ride and 4x4 of the Tahoe...but I have owned it for 2 years and have put more than $3500 into it in those 2 years and I am so glad it's now a lawn ornament and I don't have to drive it anymore. It still has a lot of problems and is now burning oil (blue smoke out the tailpipe) with 134k miles. Which sucks because I always changed the oil when the computer told me to and tried my best to take care of it and fix every little problem, even going as far as soldering new lights into the climate control board so I could see all the buttons light up at night. Oh well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts