'01 Tahoe Pass window switch replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dogman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, all!

The front passenger window on my '01 Tahoe ceased functioning 2 weeks ago, the driver's side control will only roll it down and the passenger side switch does nothing. I've replaced the motor/regulator, and a Chevy mechanic w/ Just Answer helped me narrow the problem down to the passenger window switch which I've just received in the post this AM. I couldn't find a new module for purchase, so I've just received the solitary switch.
Can anybody point me to the disassembly instructions for the module? I've searched to no avail, and due to the seeming unavailability of the module itself, I really don't want to destroy it.

Thanks in advance!

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty easy. You basically just pull up on the switch trim to get it out of the door panel. If you just got the switch and no trim, simply swap the switch over and you’re done. 10 minutes tops.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
be careful with the trim piece you have to pull it out correctly or it will break and you will then be replacing the trim piece as well, the 00-02 pull off, the 03+ are bolted on and often people try to pull them off and break them as well. they break easily.
the 00-02 should have 2 clips that are on the side of the trim, so you have to pull the trim piece towards you to release the clips then you can lift it up, might try looking on youtube for some better tips and to verify.
or look on ebay for a used trim piece and look at the pictures of the bottom side to see where the clips are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645