01 denali door lock issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reliable-enterpri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello and this is my first post here, but I have a couple issues with some demons hiding.
2001 yukon denali
My door locks stopped working about a week after getting my transmission replaced (not sure its related) but I was just using my key fob and thay recently broke so I bought a new one and I can't program it because none of the locks work by pressing the switches. They will work when getting over 10 mph and they unlock when I remove the key.
This could be related also. Power mirrors don't work either, is there a way to test the switches? Is there a wiring diagram avaliable here or somewhere else I can look at or even print so I can read it.

I appreciate any help as I cannot lock my vehicle at all (locks are froze at the handle) been like that since I owned it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Other more knowledgeable folks on this Forum will chime in with their thoughts and perspectives.

You can obtain a subscription to AllData (~$40 per year) for your truck, which will give you most of the information that you will ever need for your truck, including detailed wiring schematics. AllData had electrical wiring schematics for my truck that were extremely helpful to me, when I reverted my suspension back to autoride, which included rebuilding electrical connections that had been cut off by the previous owner.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Does the lock button on the passenger side work? How about the window switches on the driver side? Have you removed the switch panel to look for broken or frayed wires? I’ll let some of the pros chime in on tests you can do or what makes the locks freeze. That’s new to me. As @Joseph Garcia mentioned you can find wiring info on line or a subscription like alldata. Here’s a similar thread on a 2002. Turned out to be a bad driver control panel.

OP
OP
Reliable-enterpri

Reliable-enterpri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Does the lock button on the passenger side work? How about the window switches on the driver side? Have you removed the switch panel to look for broken or frayed wires? I’ll let some of the pros chime in on tests you can do or what makes the locks freeze. That’s new to me. As @Joseph Garcia mentioned you can find wiring info on line or a subscription like alldata. Here’s a similar thread on a 2002. Turned out to be a bad driver control panel.
None of the switches work.Drivers, passenger. Or the rear,

OP
OP
Reliable-enterpri

Reliable-enterpri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced both relays, and the driver door switch and still have the same problem. Relays aren't even clicking when the switch is pushed. But again when I get up to 10-15 mph the locks lock and unlock when the key is pulled.

OP
OP
Reliable-enterpri

Reliable-enterpri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have found that both 15 amp lock fuses have no power.
my power mirrors dont work either.