00 Yukon XL 6" lift, keep breaking rear axle traction? bar mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegeneral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2000 XL, 6" Zone lift with 35's

This is the second time I have broken the rear axle traction bar? mount.

It is the mount on the rear axle that is on the drivers side top of the axle. There is a stabilizer bar that mounts to the frame that keeps the truck from going all over the road (Which I learned when it broke)

The first time it was halfway broken and just squeaking metal to metal, I had it welded.

This time the entire thing broke off and I (literally) almost flipped my truck doing 40 mph. It was all over the road and felt like I had an elephant on the roof, very top heavy.

Is there an aftermarket update to this issue?

My local shop has re-welded everything but they say they can't tell if it will happen again.

Not good news as I drive a bunch of people around constantly including (most importantly) my 3 year old nephew.

If you need a pic, let me know. My explanation may not be enough...

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
talking about the panhard bar? that goes axle to frame? im guessing its to short for being lifted..it centers the axle side to side since you have coils and a 4 link...as you lift or lower these trucks, it will move the axle to one side or the other..you need to get an adjustable panhard bar to get the axle centered and get the geometry back in order.it puts the suspension in a bind if its to short or to long..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667