'00 Tahoe LS console lid replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
I've managed to confuse myself, apparently. I ordered a replacement console lid for my '00 Hoe. The one in the truck has a side hinge, opening from the dr. side toward the pass. side. The replacement part that came is is a rear hinge for what appears to be a between the seats pull-down console. I assumed I'd made an error ordering so went back to the vendor to see. The vendor says specifically it is a direct fit, but obviously not. It'll go back next week, but the big question is:

What am I missing here? Rock Auto doesn't even show a replacement, and every search I've done so far shows the same parts I have in hand. Is the rear hinge lid the "replacement" for the side hinge lid I have? Am I too stupid to search for the right part? (don't answer that, just a rhetorical statement! :banghead:)

I have seen a few notes here and there about parts no longer being available, and am wondering if that's why I can't find what I'm looking for.

Of course, my Tahoe could be a Transformer, too, and just hasn't changed back right! (the grandsons would love that!)

ratled

Reaction score
It's not you, they are 2 different parts. The key part being the rear hinge is for the drop down arm rest for the bucket 60/40 bench seat and the other is for the center with bucket seat. They are hard to find but E Bay has them once in a while. Also try auto recyclers.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts