‘22 SLT delivered - initial thoughts….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
SLT with the 5.3 + Premium pkg, max tow, rear buckets, and sliding console. Midnight blue with the slate mahogany interior. Ordered 9/13 and took delivery 1/4 (actually came in 12/27 but was traveling). Seeing all the constraints now I am feeling very fortunate to have gotten it. Seems things are getting worse not better…. Missing the heated wheel but that’ll be free retro fit. Only got 2 way lumbar vs 4 but I’ll take it. No auto stop/start so that’s a win!

Put 100 miles on her around town and immediately headed north with family to ski. Just about 750 miles on her now in about 2 weeks. Ride comfort is light years better than my ‘10. 10 speed tranny and more sophisticated AFM still getting adjusted to but seems pretty smooth. Love the extra interior space over my ‘10 and door side pockets Technology on info center is amazing - pretty intuitive to figure out, but still learning a few more things. Awesome that I can pair my Waze app to the screen! Can ever order my Dunkin from it!

Only mod was to swap the factory Continentals for the Cooper Discoverer AT4 4S tires - ride is still quiet and smooth. Great handling in the snow! (Oem’s available if anyone wants a set!).

Need to find flat black interior trim to go around the front driver and passenger air vents - the chrome trim annoying reflects in both side mirrors - somewhat distracting. Lmk if anyone has insight on these pieces.

Otherwise really enjoying the new ride (been driving Yukon’s since 2003). This generation really does look tough - love - the front end! Looking forward to enjoying her for 100k+ miles…. Live and bought in MA - got a decent deal and salesman was honest, professional, knowledgeable, easy to reach, and easy to work with.

For those of you still waiting - hang in there. It’s worth the wait!

Attachments

• 4A374710-37D6-4D87-844E-D79909068713.jpeg
    4A374710-37D6-4D87-844E-D79909068713.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 35
  • EA544749-1E35-4BF3-84E7-BCFC3135B61A.jpeg
    EA544749-1E35-4BF3-84E7-BCFC3135B61A.jpeg
    536.3 KB · Views: 33

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on that black interior trim. Can't believe GM would let these out with a huge reflection in the mirror. Pet peeve of mine too...

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Good luck with it! Really liked those Coopers on my Suburban, they’ll be on my At4 once the stock Goodyears wear down.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on that black interior trim. Can't believe GM would let these out with a huge reflection in the mirror. Pet peeve of mine too...
great now I'll probably start to notice this "issue" that I've haven't noticed in 5 months of ownership

JRUCK504

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got mine in as well. I was slightly disappointed that mine didn't come with the wireless charging pad, speed limit monitor on the dash screen, and no system navigation.

KingAK55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great looking truck! I am waiting for my dealer to get allocation to order the same midnight blue/slate set up. Could you send some pictures of the interior and your thoughts on the light color holding up over 100k+ miles?

chris80

Reaction score
are you able to describe how your pair Waze and order Dunkin from screen? Are you able to mirror your phone to your screen? Do you have android or Iphone?

OP
OP
C

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Great looking truck! I am waiting for my dealer to get allocation to order the same midnight blue/slate set up. Could you send some pictures of the interior and your thoughts on the light color holding up over 100k+ miles?
Thanks…. Worth the wait - I had a ‘10 with light tan interior and held up with 2 dogs and a kid. This gray is nice change and I think should hold up just fine! I’m not a fan of black interiors - have one on my wife’s car and I think that shows more wear and dirt vs a tan or gray!

OP
OP
C

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
@chris80 - I have an iPhone so I paired via CarPlay.... Once paired on my iPhone I went to Settings - General - CarPlay - myGMC.... (before pairing make sure this is set to on/allow if an iPhone). Once paired you can customerize from your phone which apps you want on the infotainment screen. NOTE - many apps are not an option, but Waze, Dunkin, and a few others are allowed. I selected them under customize and they show up on the infotainment screen for use. Hope that helps...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts