‘21 Yukon Denali 4WD - Front lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTizzo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check out traxdaliftkits.com. I spoke to the guy in the YouTube videos and he confirmed that he has a leveling kit specifically designed for 2021 Yukon Denali’s (2 inch front and 1 inch rear). I’m waiting for my 2022 Denali to arrive, hopefully next week, and I’m going to try a Traxda leveling kit. Give them a call, they are very helpful.

I recall pulling up the parts while I was on the phone with the guy and taking this screenshot for future reference.

Attachments

• B324BFB2-C622-4E7E-8C97-DCFB83F103E6.jpeg
    B324BFB2-C622-4E7E-8C97-DCFB83F103E6.jpeg
    545.7 KB · Views: 13

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always the preferred a slight nose down rake. Not the drag car look but despise the “dirty diaper” front hightlr than the rear look.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s very insightful, R32! Thank you. Interesting how these things work. What year Yukon do you have? Mine is a 21 and it was slightly above an inch so not exact measurements I shared earlier.
We have a '21. It has the premium smooth ride suspension, no magneride or adaptive air ride. The type of suspension you have on yours will also make a difference in finding a kit that works.

Yes. Impacted driving and suspension. Also my wife is short. Five feet. Made it harder for her to get in and out. Also when I Towed the back sagged a lot.
We had a 2" leveling kit on our 2011 z71 suburban and I noticed zero difference in ride quality with it. Put over 100k miles on it with the level kit and 33" tires. Rode great and looked great. It did sag in the back when I towed but that's no different that without the kit. GM half ton suspension is not great for towing without adding air bag helpers. I towed a decent sized tractor behind the suburban and the rear shocks were basically bottomed out. That was bad so I borrowed a similar year 2500 hd silverado to tow the tractor back with and that truck didn't hardly squat at all with the same load. I've towed probably 50 different vehicles on a 20' tilt deck trailer and the burban always sagged. I've towed 1 vehicle so far with the new yukon and it was sagging pretty good. I guess my point is the rear sag has more to do with the half ton suspension than from installing a leveling kit IMO

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat except my yukon is 1.25" difference front to rear. The guy at the local Les Schwab tire store told me if I put a 2" leveling kit on the front that it would end up slightly higher than the rear. This makes sense as simple math tells us the front would end up 3/4" higher than the rear in this case.

But then the parts guy at my local chevy dealer assures me if I put a 2" leveling kit on the front that it will end up level because lifting the front naturally brings up the rear a little bit. This logic also makes sense to me so I guess I have a 50/50 shot at my ride ending up sitting level.
Your parts guy is wrong. A front-only level kit will do absolutely nothing for height in the rear, at the wheel well. It will, however, actually lower the rear bumper/hitch slightly.

Simply place a jack under the front of the vehicle, raise it your desired “leveled height”, and see what happens out back.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your parts guy is wrong. A front-only level kit will do absolutely nothing for height in the rear, at the wheel well. It will, however, actually lower the rear bumper/hitch slightly.

Simply place a jack under the front of the vehicle, raise it your desired “leveled height”, and see what happens out back.
You are correct, he is in fact wrong. I did some playing around with a couple floor jacks the other day and 2" increase in the front raises the rear a very small amount, but nowhere near level...3/4" too high in the front. 2" in the front and 1" in the rear and I'd call that damn near level