ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoseRrc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 GMC Yukon SLT with 'ZW7' Premium Smooth Ride option. How long do the NIVOMAT shocks last normally. I got 243,*** miles on my truck and about 5,000 miles ago the rear end started to feel very bouncy. could it be the shocks or something else?

Thanks for the help

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have ZW7 on my 03 Tahoe, and I swapped out the rear Nivomats at around 270,000. Once they were out I couldn't even compress them. I' 240 lbs, and I put my entire weight on them. They're still fine. I' actually selling them with the stock springs since I've lowered mine. What kind of roads does it usually drive over? Smooth or off road?

OP
OP
J

JoseRrc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I drive on smooth and streets riddled with potholes, they don't seem bad no leaks nothing like that. Just feels like they bounce somewhat now

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 150,000 mile set that I will sell cheap.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there another code that goes along with the suspension to have the Nivomats? My GMT932 has RPO Z87 but regular shocks. Does it have something to do with leveling suspensions?

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive on smooth and streets riddled with potholes, they don't seem bad no leaks nothing like that. Just feels like they bounce somewhat now

Your shocks are garbage. I need to get mine replaced as well. If the back of your truck squashes down easily, or bounces they need to go in the trash. Those shocks are pricey though. I have to do something after Xmas but I'm hesitant of buying this Nivomat zw7 model used. My truck only has 128k miles & all 4 shocks were already shot when I bought it. If you haven't replaced the front set already, at least replace those with some $30 Monroes to improve the handling immediately at a super low price point as compared to updating the rear end.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there another code that goes along with the suspension to have the Nivomats? My GMT932 has RPO Z87 but regular shocks. Does it have something to do with leveling suspensions?

Only zw7 specifically has the Nivomat self-leveling, self-adjusting, self contained shock. I've put in a lot of hours shopping online and a lot of times you will see shocks and/or springs that correlate with multiple RPOs, but zw7 rear shocks & springs are all their own, as is the electronic air-ride. zw7 especially, has a specific spring with which no other shock but the Nivomat can be used due to the compression factor of the shock, hence the softer spring.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BADRIDES

Just how cheap, shipping included? if you could record a clip of their current condition & performance...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only zw7 specifically has the Nivomat self-leveling, self-adjusting, self contained shock. I've put in a lot of hours shopping online and a lot of times you will see shocks and/or springs that correlate with multiple RPOs, but zw7 rear shocks & springs are all their own, as is the electronic air-ride. zw7 especially, has a specific spring with which no other shock but the Nivomat can be used due to the compression factor of the shock, hence the softer spring.

Thanks, I guess that applies only to the GMT800s as my shocks are $70 each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE